Updated Feb 18, 2020 Chapters - Events Rally Registration
Gold Wing Road Riders Association a Social Organization
with Rider Education
Gold Wing Road Riders Association [GWRRA] is recognized as the world's largest single-marquee for safety, technical, educational and social organization for riders of touring motorcycles.
GWRRA Mission - Dedicated to our Motto; Friends for Fun, Safety and Knowledge, GWRRA Members enjoy the freedom of belonging to a not-for-profit, non-religious and non-political organization.
GWRRA Values - Friends - GWRRA Members are men and women from all walks of life with varied interests and backgrounds. We have Gold Wing and other touring motorcycle riders of all age groups. Some ride solo and many ride with small and large groups! New Members join GWRRA especially for the technical information we share; some of our Members join for the enjoyment of riding with friends and also meeting new friends. Find your future riding friends with your Region Map.
Fun - As a family organization, GWRRA has certain fun groups to include restaurant, picnic and campout runs. We also have GWRRA groups to include charities, parades, and small or large events across the country. GWRRA Members can participate in live or video seminars through Rider Education Programs.
Safety - We strive for improvement through GWRRA safety workshops. We will share technical expertise, news and tips about riding, maintenance and the best touring routes in the world. Safety is for Life on our GWRRA Rider Education Programs page.
Knowledge - While generalization about a group of individuals as large as today's GWRRA is difficult, GWRRA Members are likely to be independent thinkers, fun-loving, generous, adventuresome, cooperative and unfazed by the natural challenges of riding in the rain, temperature extremes or highway uncertainties. Many Members have completed CPR and first aid training, making them the best-prepared motorcycle riders on the world's highways! Find "CPR and First Aid Training" on our GWRRA Medic First Aid International® Programs.
Gold Wing Road Riders Association's Experience
Social Organization & Rider Education
Gold Wing Road Riders Associaion
June 1977 – Present (Over 40 years) Phoenix, Arizona Area
Rider Education Programs
Gold Book Directory
Rescue Plus Road Side Assistance
Official Product Store
Products & Services
Financial Services & Insurance
Hotels and Travel
and much, much more....
Provided by: Goldwing Road Riders Association
“GWRRA is not a motorcycle club.” We have all heard it, haven’t we? But, just what does it mean?
Simply put, it means that our Association doesn’t function in the same organizational and procedural format that “clubs” do. That is, we don’t elect anyone to any position by running candidates against each other and having the membership vote on them. We don’t choose our officers with popularity contests. We don’t impose our wishes on others. We select, not elect. Clubs usually are local in scope. Chapters are national or international and tied to a single organization.
We don’t have long and heated debates, make motions, second motions, call for votes or go into long, detailed reports in our chapter gatherings. We don’t need uniforms, people giving us rules to obey, or exorbitant fees or dues.
In other words, a GWRRA chapter gathering is not presided over by a “president” and conducted according to Roberts’ Rules of Order or the parliamentary procedure process. Many “clubs” use that format in their meetings.
We don’t say that we are better than clubs, we are just different. Some people like the club format of operation. This is all well and good. Those folks should be encouraged to attend and participate where they are the most comfortable. We think when they “try it” (our format), “they’ll like it.”
The GWRRA chapter format of operation is more flexible than a club format. A GWRRA chapter is not a “club”, either in its organizational structure or its operational format. It is PART of something bigger than itself.
Sometimes, less-informed chapter participants will try to lead the chapter into the “club” format of operation. It’s the responsibility of GWRRA Officers to work together to retain the non-political, non-club environment in the chapter. If this becomes a problem, other members of the Operations Team will be able to assist you.
AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT IS…
A CLUB usually consists of:
1. Self-governing and regulated body of local individuals
2. Monthly dues
3. Political officers and events, campaigns, voting, etc.
4. Popularity contests decide outcomes
5. Individual’s qualifications may not be important in holding office
6. Attempts to maintain control and build “empires”
7. Many personality conflicts
8. “Bosses” and the potential for power struggles
9. Majority rules – 49% disagreement 100% of the time
10. Funding and disbursement disagreements
11. Seldom clear “directions” and “goals”
12. Everything must be VOTED upon
A GWRRA CHAPTER usually consists of:
1. Officers selected and appointed based upon qualifications and desire
2. Continuing Officer development and training
3. Regular Operations seminars and meetings to establish new concepts
4. Officers are volunteers
5. Members want and needs are the only guiding forces
6. Gathering with purposes – dissemination of valuable information, fun, education
7. Common purposes – no popularity contests
8. Decisions based upon Member response and input from staff and committees
9. Limited financial goals and maximum stability – all Officers have corporate liability insurance
10. Members participate as they choose
11. Members are WELCOMED by all chapters
12. No additional dues or fees at the chapter, district or region level
13. Full-time Rider Education Division with trained professionals and rewarding programs